Tuesday, January 28, 2014

10 Weeks!

It's a cliche... I know; but I really can't believe it's been ten weeks since I was pushing this little baby girl out into the world! So much has changed and even though most of the change has been so much fun... there are some things I wish I could get rid of.

The most frustrating thing... PANTS! My body is weird and different, and my pants just don't fit like they use to! I'm pretty much back at my pre-pregnancy weight again; but the pants are super frustrating. THEN... when I went to go try on new ones, it makes me even more frustrated! The size I wear gives me a muffin top, but fits perfect everywhere else and the size bigger stuffs my muffin top and hides it... but they just look ridiculous on the rest of me! Grrrrrr! I know, I know... it's only been two months, but as I get ready to go back to work, I want to be comfortable (and who am I kidding.. I want to look GOOD), but seeing as I can't wear sweatpants to work every day... I NEED PANTS THAT FIT!
She loves to watch the ladybugs! And she's practicing following objects! Woot!
Tummy time! She's pretty good with holding her head up.
Secondly... is the stretch marks. I thought I was going to get through the whole pregnancy without any; and then BAM, out of nowhere in the 34 week time frame, my stomach just blew up. And this is more of just a rant about people... I hate when I ask the question "What can I do to help get rid of the stretch marks?" And people want to tell me to be proud of them, that they're my tiger stripes and proof of what I went through. Well, let me tell you people.... my BABY is proof of what I went through, and why is it so bad to want to get rid of something that I don't want to look at every day. Then people tell that my husband and child will still love me even though I have them... what is that all about? Of COURSE they will; but isn't it okay for me to want to like my own body again? Screw the tiger stripes! I've made so many sacrifices for this baby already, and I'd do it all again if I had too, but, all I want is for the stretch marks to fade. Is that too much to ask people!?!?!
She loves "Ellie" the elephant. She grips onto her like she's the greatest thing in the world!
My super star friend Kelly watched both our kids while I was at the dentist... It's still so precious! ha
Those are the only two rants I have for today. In other news... Sara is jumping into the tenth week of life and she is just getting more and more fun by the day! I'm soaking up every moment I can with her before I head back to work on Monday next week. It's going to be rough. I never thought I would want to be a stay at home mom... but right now it sounds pretty good. So, maybe after the school year is over... we'll think about trying to create a plan where I can stay home to take care of her. I've been spoiled having this much time off! Don't get me wrong, I'm actually really excited to be back at school too, and to see my other bundles of joy. But it's been fun to take her places, just sit and hold her, play with her, read to her. It's an awesome job to have! I've also gotten into making new dinners! I've been somewhat excited about food! If you know me... you know that I just hate food! We've had some pretty tasty dinners the past couple weeks.
Sara was awake during dinner, so she sat with us!
I just love how she holds her hands when she sleeps!
Jason is working hard again. His duties right now are burning him out, but he's a good little worker man and is plowing through it. With all the extreme budget cuts going on right now in the Air Force, it seems to be putting a little more pressure on the job. He's also working on writing this Historical Fiction story based on a person in his family line. It's about a drummer boy in the civil war; and Jason has been doing A LOT of research for it. He's writing it in the form of a journal and it's fun to see him get all nerdy about history. But it's a nice relaxing hobby for him... it'll probably take him the rest of the year to finish!
This was an hour or two after her shots! She's such a trooper.
We had some fun family outings the past couple weeks. One was to Fess Parker Winery. It's a winery not too far from our house, and it has this huge grassy park area that is surrounded by the vineyard. So we took Sara and some snacks and had ourselves a little picnic. She loved laying around looking at the world around her. It was nice to feel normal again.
Then this past weekend, the surf was pretty high, so we loaded up and went to our favorite cliff area to watch the waves. Then we drove up to the highest point on Vandenberg's land and the view was AAAA-mazing! So we're getting better at picking up and going on little adventures. One of these days we'll brave going to a restaurant... eeeek; it makes me nervous.
So here's to being a stay at home momma; and here's to figuring out how to balance work and motherhood AND life! We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Phooey on the pants. Not much fun. But thanks for sharing your journey and the great photos. Great fun to keep an eye on you three! Love to all.
    Auntie Jo

    ReplyDelete