Monday, December 12, 2011

Mighty to Save

Jason: 
My favorite song this week may be familiar to you, a song called "Mighty to Save."  There are many different bands and artist who have given their best at this song of praise, but this week I have been enjoying the adoration from the band Newsboys.
 
The week has been a little more stressful than most.  Work has been about the same, but outside of working outside all day, I have been patiently waiting for paperwork to arrive in my email box in order to complete my Air Force Re-Enlistment.  Yep, I have given the oath for 5 more years!  Monday night I completed all necessary paperwork as I was sworn back in by Major D., an Air Force Chaplin deployed here in Kuwait.  It was an honor to have Major D. perform the oath for two reasons.  One, my Air Force career started off from what I believe as an answered prayer, so it was great to have an officer that is also a believer continue that tradition for me.  Second, the Chaplin has pretty much been the only officer that has continuously taken an interest in our team members and our work at the job site.
 
Melissa and I have been planning on me reenlisting for several months now, but we have been waiting for the guarantee of our next home to be written into the contract.  For those who do not know, we will be moving to Vandenberg AFB in California next July.  Unfortunately, the contract took way more work than anticipated on my part to ensure everything was correct and documented.  Being away from home station only heightened the stress level due to the fact I had to correspond through email once a day because of the time difference.  Long story short, I received the corrected contract in my mail box then printed it 10 minutes before I reenlisted!  After the oath, as I was walking back to our office with my signed contract in hand I felt a rush of comfort and ease.  Comfort because I knew the paper work was finished, and ease because I knew what was in store for our lives the next few years…to an extent.
 
That night while lying in bed I thought about an even greater contract than my reenlistment.  The contract Jesus has already signed for every believer with His blood.  Ephesians 2:8-9 says, "For by grace you have been saved through faith.  And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."  Jesus has made a contract with us; to save us from sin, and grant us eternal life, so long as we have faith and believe in Him as our savior.  This contract has nothing to do with any amount of work we do, but is given to us by his saving grace.  Listen to chorus of this week’s song, and think about that amazing contract we have in our heart, "He is MIGHTY TO SAVE, forever AUTHOR of salvation, He rose and conquered the grave, Jesus conquered the grave!"
 
Enjoy the song, it’s what I have enjoyed all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment