Friday, July 31, 2015

Disneyland!

It would seem that our family has been bitten by the Disney bug. It's just too much fun and we cannot stay away. I know the kids are small and they may not remember being at Disneyland, but honestly, I feel like it's a wonderful memory for Jason and I to have in our minds more than anything. I love seeing Sara at Disneyland. She's just so happy and adorable. It's awesome watching her face light up  when she sees Monsters or Mickey, and I love hearing her yell with excitement "More!" when we finish a fun ride.
  
 

This past trip we went on was with Jason's family. It was their first time there along with little Jordyn. It was very hot... and very busy, but the "magic" was still there. Really I just wanted to share a bunch of pictures, which I actually didn't even take very many of (Shocking... I know!) Sara wasn't really into picture taking this time around, so she looks pretty grumpy in most of them. I assure you though, she had a blast.

Jordyn pretty much slept the whole trip. Probably because she was just too stinking hot! I must give a shout out to the awesome "Baby Care Centers" that they have at both parks. Not many people know about them and they're fantastic! You can take your kids in there and they have changing tables, places to nurse, and you can buy snacks or other baby things you might need. The best part was they pretty much freeze the building they use for this so it's a nice refuge from the heat. These centers were a life saver! If you have a baby and you're reading this... USE THEM!
 

Sara... LOVES... Monsters Inc. So we were super excited to take her on the Monsters ride. She was scaring people in the line while we waited. It was pretty awesome. The only problem was, she was pretty small and I don't know how much of the ride she actually got to see. haha She also loved dancing in the streets at Radiator Springs. It was so stinking cute.
 
 Lucky for us, we had built in baby sitters so that Jason and I could go on our favorite ride "California Screamin". Since I had been pregnant last time we had gone... I was trilled to be able to get on a roller coaster again! I love it... it was a good day to not be pregnant. ha Jason's favorite ride is the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Sara, unfortunately, does not share the same love for the ride. She spent the entire time with her hands glued over her eyes...poor little one.
We've decided that Disneyland has subliminal messages directed straight to our children. Before the trip, Sara could care less about Frozen. We tried... but she just didn't care, so we let it go (whoop there it is). NOW, all Sara wants to do is watch Frozen. Not only that... but Let it Go came on while we were listening to Pandora and she ran over to the computer and started dancing around yelling "Elsa! Elsa!" I was floored! Thank you Disney! haha
 It's safe to say that Sara wore herself out with how awesome of a time she had. We bought an air mattress to use for Sara to sleep in. I was a little worried it would be a major fail becuase she's still in a crib and I was worried she'd get out of bed and roam around the room and we'd get no sleep. But that girl was out cold... AND she stayed in that bed all the way through the morning until I peaked my head over and said good morning. It was great. 
 My favorite part was the night time light parade and the firework show. Maybe it was the hormones... but they brought tears to my eyes. It just brought back my love for Disney and I guess all the childhood memories. Plus, it was all just so creative and beautiful. I know it's sappy... but I really was just so magical! Money well spent Disney. We still have two days left on our passes so we're headed back in October!!! We've already started planning things that we really want to do this next time around while we're there. They've hooked us! :)

1 comment:

  1. Totally love all the photos and fun involved here. Sigh. Don't blame it on the hormones though, blame it on your appreciation of life, love and all that God has provided! Love you all, Auntie Jo

    ReplyDelete