Friday, November 18, 2011

Something in the Water

Jason:

"Song Of The Week For You To Seek"
This weeks most played song has been "Something In The Water" by Brooke Fraser.  Melissa introduced this artist to me probably about a year ago.  I just love her up-beat tempo and use of simple sounds of the acoustic guitar, pounding drum beat, and not to mention her rejuvinating yet calming voice.  This song reminds me so much of driving in the car with Melissa.  Whether we are make one of our many drives across Las Vegas (because we are way out by ourselves in the NorthEast part of the city), or taking a road trip to California, we are usually jamming to this song quite often!  I love the chorus of the song, "I'm crazy over you, there's something in the water that makes me love you like I do"  Recently Melissa and I have had to make a major decision in our lives, and the way we came to the conclusion together makes me love her even more now than days before.  Its not so much the outcome of the decision that makes me crazy over her, but the way we talked through our options, prayed, and at the end-finally opened up to what we wanted together in our lives.  For us, the something in the water is Christ, and the way He makes us love each other like we do.  1 John 4:11-12 says "Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.  No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us."  I feel God working in both our hearts, He is working on making His love better in our hearts.  I pray Jesus continues to work in our hearts and your heart!
The comical double meaning to this song is that there REALLY is something in the water out here in Kuwait.  Recently I went to our laundry facility with a buddy here at camp to do, well our, laundry.  We were surprised to see how brown the water was as it filled up the washing machine.  At first we thought it was a light brown tent to the water, but then we looked at the bottom of the machine to see it being filled up with orange water!  Either some real rusty pipes or just something in the water.  Good thing we had soap to go with the wash water.  This little experience I shared with my wingman reassured me why we should use bottled water when we brush our teeth...but now the shower has me a bit nervous.  I don't want to come out looking orange!!
Enjoy the song, it's what I have enjoyed all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment