Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Weekend

 This weekend was definitely FULL of emotions. I made it through the week with enough energy, but then this weekend just seemed exhausting. To start off the weekend, Saturday marked a year since our first little baby passed away. I don't mean to dwell on it, but the memories definitely still fresh in my mind. It also made me focus on our growing, and kicking, baby that I'm responsible for right now. I get excited about meeting her every day, but also every day I have to leave my worries and anxieties at the cross. And although I miss my other little baby, whoever it may have been, the time is now! And God gives and God takes away and we just have to trust him.
To remember "Pickle"
Also on Saturday, it was kind of cool because on the anniversary of loosing our other little one, we were able to capture the moment with our little Sara. There's a walnut grove down in Lompoc that we drive by, and every time we do I always say "That place would be the perfect spot for pictures." So I found an awesome photographer and we set it up. Here is a little teaser of what she did. I'm SO excited about them. She's also going to do some newborn ones when the baby gets here. :)
by: Folk Photography
 Saturday morning, we were able to be entertained by the Space Squadron as they sent up another rocket. Jason and I have seen several launches so far, but none from the very beginning. The day was fog less and sunny, so we traveled down to a good spot to view it from. It just made me smile how many people were around us watching the launch. It just showed a strong sense of community and support. It was cool. So here we all are, spoiled, standing next to the crashing waves of the beach, on a sunny morning, and watching science happen before our eyes. It was pretty awesome.
Starting Friday, we had noticed Buffy, our middle "child", wasn't doing so well. Her breathing had gotten labored and she just wasn't her happy self. So I was doing everything I could think of to keep her going. She was a stubborn little girl. I could tell that she didn't want to give up on life. But she most likely got a respiratory infection and when little piggies get sick, there's just not much you can do to stop it.  It was just so sad to watch her Friday night, Saturday all day and night, and Sunday morning. She just looked SO sad and in pain. I was cuddling with her pretty much any time I was home, because at least she would know I love her. I honestly didn't think she would make it through the night on Saturday, but come Sunday morning, there she was. So I took her out and held her until we left the house. I kissed her little head goodbye and when we came home, she had passed. It's hard not being able to help her and to just watch it happen. I know she's JUST a pig... but she was MY pig! My little cuddle bug. She was the friendly one who would just be so sweet to anyone and anything in her path. And seeing my little precious Buffy lay there motionless, a breathless creature, is just so sad to see. So I just write this to remember her little life and I will miss our piggy Buffalo Wing Lawyer.
The three little pigs, taken last week.
My favorite picture of her. Guardian of the PigLoo
How could you not love that face?
Cuddling with Buffy Saturday night.
So clearly, it's been a busy, and emotional weekend. Therefore... I wish I could take the day off tomorrow. But, we'll plow through it and do the best we can!

1 comment:

  1. Phooey about Buffy... sigh. And way cool on the rocket launch and the awesome maternity photos!! Not to mention all your creativity and diapers. Sending love and hugs.
    Auntie Jo